lindorm: (Default)
 Dear J, 
 
I am so sorry for the bitterness and ugliness I have shown you.  You didn't deserve that.  I spoke from pain and anger.  So much has happened this year in such a little time and all of the uncertainties have me reeling. I don't want to carry the animosity and resentment beyond this life.  I hated myself for losing you and I've been projecting that all onto you.  I know I'm not innocent and I know that I fell short in my worthiness of you.  
 
I want you to know that I want you to be happy.  I want you to be well and have the nice things I couldn't do for you. All the pain aside, you have made me a better person through the years. 

I wanted to find a song to help me heal. All the other songs I've used on past lovers have been angry... and I don't want that for this.  That's not healing.  I want to share these lyrics with you, because another poet and songwriter was able to put into words something that I struggled with. I don't expect you to suffer the twang by listening to it as the original artist is Garth Brooks:
 
 
The Dance 

"Looking back on the memory of
The dance we shared beneath the stars above
For a moment all the world was right
How could I have known that you'd ever say goodbye
And now I'm glad I didn't know
The way it all would end, the way it all would go
Our lives are better left to chance, I could have missed the pain
But I'd of had to miss the dance
Holding you I held everything
For a moment wasn't I the king
But if I'd only known how the king would fall
Hey, who's to say you know I might have changed it all
And now I'm glad I didn't know
The way it all would end, the way it all would go
Our lives are better left to chance, I could have missed the pain
But I'd of had to miss the dance
Yes my life is better left to chance
I could have missed the pain but I'd of had to miss the dance"

There was so much good.  And I've thrown it all away.  I tried to banish you, and my soul won't let me because you will forever be a part of me and I still love you.  I just need to keep working through the pain.  But I'm not going to lash out anymore and I'm sorry that I have.  

Don't feel obligated to respond.  I have no expectations of you. You don;t owe me anything. I just want what's best for you.  I accept now that it is not me.  I wish you peace, health, wealth, and happiness.  You deserve it. 

With love and adoration,
R

Profile

lindorm: (Default)
Lindorm Odinsson

September 2020

S M T W T F S
   12345
6789101112
131415 16171819
20212223242526
27282930   

Style Credit

Expand Cut Tags

No cut tags
Page generated Sep. 9th, 2026 02:45 pm
Powered by Dreamwidth Studios